Links to Parent Resources
- Special Education Referral Process information linked here
- Special Education Contacts linked here
- Online PRC Book Inventory linked here
- Through the link above, you may scroll through or search to view inventory titles related to your needs. A login is NOT required.
- Call or visit the PRC to check out resources.
- The inventory of resources at the PRC is updated regularly.
Parent Resource Center Brochure: Parent Resource Center Brochure for PCPS linked here in PDF format
Parent Resource Center
The Powhatan Parent Resource Center offers assistance to families and educators by encouraging effective partnerships between home and school. The goals of the Parent Resource Center are to:
Provide direct support through listening and problem solving with parents and educators.
Offer information about local support groups, available services, and informative workshops.
Help parents understand the special education process.
Provide a lending library of books and videotapes on topics of interest to parents and educators.
PRC Coordinator: Kathy Walkin
Location: Pocahontas Elementary School
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. & Evenings by Appointment
Phone number: 804-598-3034